REAPER is the abbreviation of Rapid Environment for Audio Production, Engineering and Recording. This download is a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) developed by Cockos Incorporated, for working with multiples audio tracks and MIDI. With this program you can record multiple inputs simultaneously, then process, edit, mix and master.
Combined with other hardware and software, you can really make the most of this app; it's just as if you had a professional audio studio. REAPER is loaded with functions, features, effects, filters and plug-ins. Operations are based on layers and rendering. This DAW also includes the ability to customize the interface graphics and the level of advanced features needed.
How to use
The interface has an agile handling, with drag and drop capabilities, keyboard shortcuts and several skins available to use. You can open a new project, record a sound or import an audio file, edit and apply effects, change dynamic parameters, mix, master, render and export the final project. Project templates will make the work easier, and this software will enable you to import media files in order create voiceovers and other sound effects.
You can obtain more free information, tips, tricks and help on REAPER’s Forum and Wiki
The main window consists of a timeline with the track panel, the toolbar and quick button panel. The quick buttons will give you direct access to some functions such as New Project, Open Project, Save Project, Preferences, Undo, Redo, Metronome, Auto-crossfade, Grouping and Ungrouping, Envelope Points, Snapping, Ripple Editing, Combine and Locking. Some of these functions are shortcuts of automatic actions such as the association of a volume with a file, the association of multiple files or the automatic mixing of two sounds to fade in and fade out.
Although REAPER is a very complete and powerful software, it may seem complicated at first, so you can find a useful REAPER user guide on the official website. Plus, you can obtain more free information, tips, tricks and help from REAPER’s Forum and Wiki. If you want to exchange some ideas or tool with other users, you can use REAPER Stash, to contribute to the user’s community.
REAPER 5.0 Rev 59ce87 Features
These are some of the features of this program:
- REAPER supports multiple inputs simultaneously
- Allows batch rendering processing at high speed
- Combine audio and MIDI in the same track
- Supports extensions and has a great compatibility with other audio software and almost any hardware
- REAPER is a multitrack recorder and editor with non-destructive functions. Each track is in a layer
- It includes hundreds of audio and MIDI filters and plug-in effects. You will be able to expand the dynamic effects range with an external plug-in
- This is a portable program; you can bring use external memory and run it from a USB
- Free and regular updates
If you want know more about this software before you download it, check the developer’s website .
The minimum system requirements for a correct download and installation are the following:
- Operating System: Windows 98 or later (32 Bit and 64 Bit)
- Processor: Intel Core dual with 1.86 GHz
- RAM Memory: 16 MB
- Sound Card: compatible with ASIO drivers
- HDD Space: 7 MB