Kingsoft Office is a free productivity suite developed by the Chinese company Kingsoft. This software is turning out to be an important competitor and a reliable alternative to the popular MS Office suite or the open-source program Apache OpenOffice. Kingsoft Office is like an exact copy of the latest versions of Microsoft products, and it includes three applications: “Writer”, “Spreadsheets” and “Presentation”; emulating Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, respectively.
It includes three applications, “Writer”, “Spreadsheets” and “Presentation”; that emulate Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
One of the greatest things this software offers is the ability to be used on smartphones or tablets to visualize and edit documents, as well as support and compatibility with DOCX or XLSX formats. In addition, amongst the features of this version you´ll find a paragraph adjustment tool, multiple tabs organization and the automatic spell checking.
Writer, Spreadsheets and Presentation
“Writer” is the text processor from Kingsoft Office. It is compatible with all Microsoft Word formats from 1997 to 2010, which means it allows saving in DOCX, DOTX, DOCM or DOTM. You can also export your document as a PDF, even with a background color. Restrict Editing and Restrict Formatting options have been added under the Review tab (in the 2013 interface style) or Tools menu (in the classic interface). Also, Border and Shading and Separator and Comment options have been included.
“Spreadsheets” is the equivalent of Microsoft Excel. It is a data processing and analysis software that allows for editing spreadsheets and workbooks in XLS, XLSX or XLSM formats. It now supports 1,048,576 rows, 16,384 columns and the “AutoFilter by color” function. Moreover, it includes the GetPivotData tool and makes it possible to encrypt documents and export them as a PDF. In “Presentation”, PowerPoint’s twin, you can also export your file as a PDF. It has lots of predefined templates, animations and graphs, and offers the option to download more online. A Fit slide to current window option has been added too.
Kingsoft Office 220.127.116.1136 Features
The unique features of Kingsoft Office are:
- “Paragraph Adjustment” tool that works by simple dragging and dropping
- Ability to work simultaneously on several documents with Tabs, which makes it possible to switch quickly from one document to another
- Built-in Office-to-PDF converter: export files created in Kingsoft Office as a PDF, or convert Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents into PDFs
- “Automatic Spell Check” function to proofread documents. Incorrect terms will be underlined in red and a list of possible corrections will be displayed
- Ability to encrypt documents to protect your privacy and prevent others from viewing or changing their content
- Built-in emailing tool allows for sharing documents easily and viewing and editing email attachments
- “Writer” text processor, “Spreadsheets” and “Presentation” managers
If you want to read more information about Kingsoft Office before you download it, feel free to visit the developer’s site.
The minimum system requirements to correctly download and install Kingsoft Office are listed below:
- Operating System: Windows 2000 or later
- Processor: Pentium II 266 MHz or faster
- RAM Memory: 128 MB
- HDD: 200 MB of free space available