Sound Forge or Sony Sound Forge, initially created by Sonic Foundry and sold to Sony Pictures Digital in 2003, has been developed by Sony Creative Software. This download is an audio studio that you can try for free, and which provides the user with a huge number of audio tools for editing and mastering music.
This program allows you to create pieces with excellent quality because it is intended to be a professional tool; in fact, it is called Sound Forge PRO for a reason! Sony has also thought about the end user for this download; that’s why it also specifically designed Sound Forge Audio Studio. Both versions will allow you to capture sounds live, edit the sounds, and improve them, even to share the final work. Feel free to create your own sounds and to improve pieces already downloaded.
How to use
The most interesting function of this program is the powerful editor that works in steps by Events, and that allows you to swiftly zoom in and out of files. Latest version includes the option to make Zoom Time. It offers compatibility with high resolution files, which you can modify with simple actions and drag and drop functions. Apply a noise gate and clean a record, unify the volume with Sony Wave Hammer or synchronize audio with video. Extract audio from a CD; make audio capture from decks or tape players. Sound Forge supports multiple common and complex formats and includes numerous plugins and effects.
the option to take advantage of some tools from ACID Pro
The recording tool has a remote window, which is very useful to record voice-over, because the announcer can read the text from other software while controlling the recording process via a small window. Restore imperfect tracks by removing clicks, pops and noises; or adding effects and dynamics process such as EQ, Compressor, Delay, Reverb, etc.
It also offers formats ideal for compatibility with mobile devices, iTunes or Internet sites. You will be able to create your podcast, form recordings and editing, to mastering your pieces. The professional version offers multichannel options, to record, edit and analyze. It also offers the option to take advantage of some tools from ACID Pro, for the creation of loops or the use the grid for superior visualization.
Sound Forge 10.0.507 Features
Below you will find the most important characteristics of Sound Forge Pro 11:
- Advanced recording tools. With capabilities to make a live recording and to capture sound from tapes and vinyl records. Sound Forge Pro 11 includes an enhanced recording system that provides new and advanced functions such as working with pre-roll and post roll, monitoring unarmed channels, waveform views, etc.
- Multichannel functionalities. It offers the option to record up to thirty-two channels and for editing, processing and saving with precision; to display spectrum multichannel analysis and supporting multichannel formats
- Great communication and compatibility with ACID Pro and SpectraLayers Pro 2 and it comfortably supports a professional workflow
- Fully Customizable. Adapt the layouts and the interface to your. This flexibility is useful for professionals providing a comfortable and smooth working system
- Background work. During the rendering, you can work on other tasks
- Numerous tools and effects. It offers more than 40 effects, and it has plenty of plugins, such as compressors, limiters, dynamics managers, noise gating, looping generators, effects processors, and sound repairers among others
- Creating karaoke tracks. Vocal Eraser plugin lets you remove vocals from songs
- Free tutorials. Developer’s official website offers video tutorials, especially for Sound Forge Audio Studio
- Share. Convert your creation to an MP3 or FLAC file and share it online
To obtain more information about this software before you download it, check the official site of the developer .
The basic system requirements for correct operation are the following:
- Operating System: Windows Vista, Service Pack 2 or later
- Processor: Intel, AMD or Mac of 1 GHz
- RAM Memory: 512 MB
- Graphic Card: compatible with DirectX 9.0c
- Sound Card: compatible with Windows
- HDD Space: 500 MB
- DVD and CD-recordable drive are required