OmniPage Ultimate is a productivity suite that includes different applications devoted to OCR (Optical Character Recognition) tasks. This software works to convert paper documents, PDF files and forms into digital documents you can later send to other people, edit on your computer, or store in a repository. It allows you to perform batch processing of files, and even to schedule the process in case you won’t be able to do it manually.
It works to convert paper, PDF files and forms into digital documents you can later send to other people, edit on your computer, or store in a repository
One of the greatest functionalities of this software is the Mobile Document Capture technology. It allows the conversion of an image you previously took with a digital camera or smartphone into a digital text document, with no need to type out its content. After scanning the photo, the system applies its 3D Correction technology, just in case there are any spelling or wording mistakes Users really appreciate this feature, as it saves a lot of time when it comes to digitizing physical documents. However, some of them have made the criticism that OmniPage Ultimate’s interface is confusing and inconsistent, and still shows signs of its origins in the late 80s. This confusion could be the result of the fact that each service this program provides has its own interface.
What does this program offer me?
One of the strengths of this software is the fact that it does not alter formatting and layout when converting documents. The converted files look just like the original, with the added value of free editing options: you can move columns, change graphics, etc. In addition to this, with OmniPage Ultimate you can black out or redact confidential text, as well as quickly finding information by using highlights.
OmniPage Ultimate now has support for a wider variety of formats, including ePUB, the eBook reader’s format. File incompatibility will no longer be an excuse to not read your favorite books on your device. This is a good opportunity to read those books whose download is not available. Similarly, OmniPage Ultimate has a text-to-speech module that allows you to listen to your file content, as if a person was actually reading it.
OmniPage Ultimate 18 Features
The unique features of OmniPage Ultimate are:
- Accurate Optical Character Recognition that allows conversion of physical documents into digital ones with no need to type text, by just a simple scanning process
- Batch processing of files
- A wide range of formats to import and export, including ePUB, PDF, HTML, DOC, PPT or XLS, among others
- The ability to convert files in the cloud if they are stored on sites like Dropbox, Google Docs, Evernote or Windows Live SkyDrive
- Mobile Document Capture functionality with 3D Correction technology
- Ability to convert paper forms into digital and fillable ones that can be later distributed online
- Built-in automatic redaction and highlighting tools
- Text-to-speech module
- Scanning capabilities: compatible with mobile and desktop scanners and all-in-one and multi-function printers
- Recognition of up to 120 languages, including those based on Latin, Cyrillic and Greek alphabets as well as Japanese, Chinese or Korean languages
If you want to read more information about OmniPage Ultimate before you download it, feel free to visit the developers’ site.
The minimum system requirements to correctly download and install OmniPage Ultimate are:
- Operating system: Windows XP or further
- Processor: 1 GHz Intel Pentium or faster
- RAM Memory: 1 GB
- Hard Disk: 2.7 GB of free space available
- 1024 x 768 screen resolution